Welcome to One Life Travels
It seems like every time I go on a trip,travel to a new destination, hike a new trail, camp in a new place, ski a new resort, bike a new area or surf a new break, my mind goes into overdrive of new places I want to go. My Bucket List becomes larger. Funny how that works, you think that by seeing something new, or there would be one less place to visit, but in fact the opposite happens, at least thats the way my mind works.
I started travelling and I mean buying a backpack,leaving with no real plan right except the 3 countries I was going to and that I would be back in a year. That was 12 years ago and by no means have I travelled for 12 years, the hunger for new adventures and travel continues.
This website is all about travel, trips, backpacking, hiking, biking, biking, road trips and everything in between. I strongly feel the need to get out there and see new places, experience new cultures, and see life from a different point of view. I view life differently every time I come back from a trip.
These are just my views on what I’ve seen so far. Information that I think would be valuable for anyone looking to get out there, for a day bike trip, to a multi hike, to packing up for a year to travel abroad.
Have Information and Want to Share?
If you have information that you think would be helpful to someone, by all means leave feedback on posts or write me a message and I can pass that on.
Where I’ve Been So Far
I have backpacked through 38 countries in 5 continents and feel like I’ve only seen a fraction of whats out there. Everyone has a story to tell after a trip and here’s a place where you can write about it, give advice, and get information for your next travel adventure.
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji
- Southeast Asia: Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia
- Europe: England, Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Belgium, Czech Republic, Belgium, Germany, Monte Carlo
- Central America: Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama
- South America: Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, Argentina, Chile
- Asia: Nepal, India
- USA: Road Trips- Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Montana, California, Oregon, Washington
- Canada: British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland
I travel on a backpacker budget and have picked up on a few things along the way. If I can help with any information drop me an email.